When you plan to attend a wedding or any other event, you carefully select the right saree, jootis, and jewellery. A hairstyle, however, is just as vital as the other accessories in bringing forth the best look in a saree. It makes you appear effortlessly elegant and charming. Here are a few simple hairstyles for this festive and wedding season.
Nothing goes better with a traditional Kanchivaram saree than a low bun adorned with jasmine flowers. It is a surprisingly easy hairdo and can be done within 15 minutes.
- Blowdry and detangle your hair. Divide your hair into two horizontal parts and knot them into two separate ponytails.
- Now insert the doughnut bun into the bottom ponytail.
- Take 1 inch of hair from the top ponytail, roll it into a ringlet and secure it onto the hair doughnut using bobby pins.
- Repeat this until every strand of hair from both the ponytails are pinned up to the doughnut and conceals it completely.
- Use hairspray to ensure that the bun does not unravel.
- Choose a doughnut that matches the length of your hair; otherwise, you will end up with a very huge or small bun.
- Finally, decorate it with flowers of your choice.
- Complete the look with a bindi, heavy makeup and gold jewellery.
The fishtail braid is a very simple and sophisticated hairstyle that can be done for casual outings and formal events as hey beautifully complement every outfit. All you need is a good comb, scissors and rubber bands.
- Tie your hair into a loose ponytail. Use an old elastic/rubberband as you will be cutting it off at the end. If you are making a side braid, then tie up your hair to the left or right side of your face.
- Split the ponytail into two halves and start braiding. Take tiny sections of your hair and braid so that the plait looks thick and even.
- Continue crossing strands until the end and secure it with an elastic. Now carefully cut the elastic you have initially tied for the ponytail.
- Tug your plait gently to create a messy and gorgeous look.
- You can style this with baby breath flowers if you are attending a wedding.
- Complete the look with a lipshade that complements your dress and kajal.
Curls add a subtle glam to the overall look and can be styled in various ways. You can just curl your hair and leave it open or tie it up into a ponytail. Here is a simple hairstyle you can create after curling your hair.
- Curl your hair using and part them in the middle. Take a small section of hair from the right side and start braiding it backwards.
- Do the same on the left side and secure the ends of both the braids using a bobby pin or any other hair accessory.
- Complete the look with dewy makeup and winged eyeliner.
These are a few hairstyles that can be easily achieved at home. Do try out these hairstyles and tag us on Instagram @sundari_silks. Keep watching this space for more styling tips.